Saturday, January 03, 2009

Addison's, sort of

Parents brought home a lot of Addisons and Jaydens in 2008 - Quad Cities Online:

"Addison was the most popular name for baby girls and Jayden was the most popular name for baby boys born at Genesis BirthCenters in 2008."

I only learned of this trend because of the Google Alerts I have set up.  One is for Addison's.  I was hoping to get information about Addison's Disease. Instead, I'm seeing about Addison's first birthday, Addison's first Christmas, Addison goes to jail...

Precious little about Addison's Disease.  Maybe 2009 will be the year to write more about this disease.  I already have a website about it (DUH!) but maybe there needs to be more awareness on this front, too.  Cushing's is getting pretty well out there now.

Parents must not be doing their homework!  Why in the world would someone name their child something that's a serious disease?

Will future kids be named Cancer or AIDS?  I think not.
I guess this is just a trend, a faddy type thing and people don't check into what names signify anymore.

I wonder how the parents will feel if someday I meet an Addison and I say: "Gee...I know lots of people who have that..."

0 comments: